[Filled this out a while ago as well.]
2. Painted your room? Yes.
3. Kissed a member of the same sex? Um… Not that I can remember, but probably. Not in a romantic way, though. Just on the cheek or something.
4. Drove a car? No.
5. Danced in front of your mirror? Yes.
6. Had a crush? Yes.
8. Stole money from a friend? No. Unless you count my brother. But that was only once. And I think I might have stolen money from my parents as retribution for unjust punishment. I know I contemplated it and worked out how not to get caught and whatnot. :P
9. Gotten in a car with people you just met? Um… Other than taxi drivers, I don’t think so. Oh, no, I have. Ben from Strong. I had just turned eighteen and I was getting recertified as a lifeguard.
We had a small group - just three or four of us - and the teacher, Jen. We decided during the day since it was going so well that we would make it one day instead of spread out over two or three. This was convenient because people had driven quite a ways to get there, but I didn’t have a car to get dinner and my mother had disappeared temporarily. Jen said she would get dinner with me, but when dinner rolled around she said she wanted soup from this particular place, and I wanted sushi, but Subway would do, and she asked Ben - one of the other people getting recertified - if he would give me a drive. He said he would.
I felt a bit uncomfortable as we left, even though I was comfortable handling him in the pool for some reason, but as we were going out to the car his voice shook a bit as if he was breaking the rules as he asked me, “Are you sure your parents would be okay with you going in a car with me?” I was taken aback. I’m always taken aback when people ask me what my parents think because I am not my parents and they had never addressed the particular situation. I said, “Yeah.” After a pause I added, “You’re not exceptionally drunk or anything.” And I laughed and got in the car, which was incredibly clean and smelled wonderfully.
We got lost on the way to Subway, but we got there fine. My “I think it’s that way” coupled with his “I think it’s that way” got us back on track. He stayed in the car on his phone while I ordered, and then I waited outside, starting in on my sandwich on the sidewalk, as he ordered.
We left and I remember the conversation being back to that topic again. He went to Loyola Chicago. I was waitlisted at Rice, but told him I was accepted and that I wanted to study Political Science and Economics because I wanted to become a film director and I thought the combination of the two sounded excellent. He agreed. At some point he got into how he was once almost kicked out - how he was once very drunk - and that his school was very religious Jesuit Catholic university with an almost-no-tolerance policy which kicked him and his friends in the tusks when they got caught with alcohol freshman year. (He was a year older than me, but seemed three or four years older.) I don’t know if he told me that on purpose as a cautionary tale - “You know, you don’t really know who you’re getting in the car with.” - or just because it came up, and I remember he brought it up nervously, as though it was a real life-changing experience for him, when we were all eating together in Jen’s office.
10. Been in a fist fight? No.
13. Been arrested? No.
15. Met up with a member of the opposite sex somewhere? Yes.
17. Had a crush on your neighbor? Um… Maybe. Not that I remember.
18. Ditched school to do something more fun? No.
19. Slept in a bed with a member of the same sex? Yes.
21. Been on a plane? Yes.
22. Kissed a picture? Um… I don’t remember… Maybe.
23. Slept in until 3? Yes.
25. Laid on your back and watched cloud shapes go by? Yes. When I was little, I used to wake up at 8 before everybody else and twirl around in the backyard and then lie and watch the clouds, and I concluded that they moved because the Earth was moving so fast (I may have been spinning because the Earth was…). I found out a couple years ago that they actually move because of wind.
26. Made a snow angel? Yes.
27. Played dress up? Yes.
29. Been lonely? Yes.
31. Been to a club? No.
32. Felt an earthquake? No, but I’ve slept through small ones.
33. Touched a snake? Yes.
35. Been suspended from school? No.
36. Had detention? No.
37. Been in a car accident? No.
38. hated the way you look? yeah
41. Been lost? Yes.
42. Been to the opposite side of the country? Yes.
43. Felt like dying? No.
44. Cried yourself to sleep? I think so. Probably.
46. Sang karaoke? Not that I remember.
51. Sang in the shower? Yes. My shower-singing is intense. It’s not even just singing. It’s making scenarios up, plotting ideas, and so on. It gets physical sometimes, but I’m always carefully I don’t trip in the middle of a fist fight/et cetera. :P It’s fun. Seriously, I am so funny in the shower. So, so funny. My mother worries about me. I have to reassure her and reenact the characters and describe their backstories and whatnot. I’m a bit odd. :P
52. Made out in a park? No! But this would be so 1950’s, right?
53. Dream that you married someone? No. I don’t usually remember my dreams, though.
55. Got your tongue stuck to a flag pole? Um… Not a flag pole… Various playground equipment.
56. Ever gone to school partially naked? No.
57. Been a cheerleader? No.
59. Brush your teeth? Yes.
60. Ever too scared to watch scary movies alone? I don’t watch scary movies because I can be superstitious and I don’t want to give myself more to work with.
62. Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on? Yes. Well, no. Not pushed in.
67. Mooned/flashed someone? No.
69. forgotten someone’s name? Yes.